29 12月 Transition of PPE Directive 89/686/EEC to PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425
Transition of PPE Directive 89/686/EEC to PPE Regulation (EU) 2016/425
Until 20th April 2018
- The PPE Directive 89/686/EEC is valid without any restrictions!
- New EC Type Examinations and extensions of already existing EC Type Examinations can only be issued according to PPE Directive.
- It will be mandatory for Category III products to make a contract according to Annex VII (product inspection) or VIII (production inspection) with the entity responsible for inspection.
Note: We advise not to produce and store too many user manuals and packaging materials, as these have to be updated according to Regulation (EU) 2016/425 (e.g. Declaration of Conformity, number of the inspecting entity)!
From 21st April 2018
- Production: The Regulation (EU) 2016/425 is valid!
- New products are certified according to the Regulation.
- Hearing protectors are now classified as Category III and no longer as Category II.
- The Declaration of Conformity according to Regulation has to be issued and published (user manual / internet) also for products which are still produced. It has to contain all relevant directives and regulations.
- EC-Type Examination Certificates according to Directive 89/686/EEC will not be amended before the expiration date. They are a basis for the new Declaration of conformity according to Regulation (EU) 2016/425.
- Products in stock, which were produced before 21st April 2018, can continue to be sold.
Note: The same applies to PPE imported to the EU!
- Contracts with Notified Bodies according to Annex VII or Annex VIIImust be available.
- If inspection controls were agreed upon according to Annex VIII, such a production control must have been carried out.
- Traders have now the full responsibility for a product, not only the manufacturer or the importer (market surveillance).
From 21st April 2019
- Products which are already put on the market and which were produced or imported before April 2018 can be sold until 2023.
- EC-Type Examination Certificates according to Directive will still be valid until their expiration date. Certificates without an expiration date will be invalid in 2023.
- Product inspections according to Annex VII must have been conducted.
- 如果检查组同意根据附录8，这样的生产控制必须被执行 。